The blog of Hannah Robinson, artist, illustrator and graphic designer.

Saturday 17 September 2011

More weekend painting


I painted some ACEOs today, finally I've stopped wishing to do more and have actually put wishes into action. I love painting British birds, but I would also like to paint some more exotic, unusual birds, or at least birds not native to my country. So I had a go at a bluebird, but I had a hard time doing the vivid colour of its feathers justice.
It feels good to be painting again, but I've become so rusty at watercolours, and they are so easy to mess up. I think also painting on a small scale is harder for me than on larger pieces of paper.

In other news I received my purchase from Bobbins' Destash on Folksy - for just £2 I bought this scrap pack, and I can't wait to start sewing with it, hopefully I can show some of my creations by tomorrow. Have a look at their shop - their prices are very reasonable. I also bought this Hungry Caterpillar fabric from Hobbycraft which is going to become a cushion for my friend's two-year-old son, who has Hungry Caterpillar bedding (jealous).



Pub first though I think...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the folksy link! I've been looking all week for somewhere to get cheap fabric from! Got an idea for some stuff for the little one, now to figure out how to use the sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paintings are great! New follower.

    If you have the time stop by my new blog The Art of Crafts: http://a-arte-do-artesanato.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete